POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using Ambient Light Settings : Using Ambient Light Settings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Using Ambient Light Settings
From: zombiebhp
Date: 13 Jul 2006 20:35:00
Message: <web.44b6e69ef8cbc39dc1709b0c0@news.povray.org>
You have some of the most AMAZING software available to use for graphics.
Well, enough of the hobbknobbing I have questions that need to be answered.
I am trying to put ambient light on an object that would appear as the Sun.
so far what I got is:
sphere
      { <0,0,0>860
      pigment { image_map
      { gif "sun.gif"
      map_type 1
    }
  }
  translate <0,0,3000>
}
Now I do not know exactly what or where to insert any string data to do with
ambient light coming from this object named "sun.gif". Can anyone help,
Please.
Anytime I try to input ambiet_light I get an Error message.
                                              Thank you Brian